About Us

Barra da Tijuca, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Documenting our little monkey as he grows before our eyes.

Thursday, August 2, 2007

One Month Old and Ben's First Road Trip to Grandma/Grandpa in Dallas


Well, we have survived the first four weeks of Benjamin's life. Now, when I say survive...I mean we made it through those nights with interrupted sleep and sharpening our detective skills. I have learned that my son likes to eat all the time. I am a real live milk bar. We have had an excellent support group help us make it through the month and we are very grateful. Jill came over and I slept for 4-5 hours - I woke up several times but was able to go back to sleep. I cannot say how grateful I am for those hours of sleep. Priceless. Thank you Jill.


But, look at his cute, cute little face.




We drove to Dallas for a surprise birthday party for Frank's brother (Benjamin's uncle). Ben did amazingingly well for such a long road trip. He cried a bit but he did more sleeping than crying (phew...) Benjamin stayed at Grandma's house for the first time. Nicholas really enjoyed holding his new cousin.



I cannot sign off without inserting one of those embarrasing bath photos because well, I am a mom now and that's what moms do. Embarrass our children. ;)







1 comment:

Sweet T said...

no bath photo... where's the bath photo?